Inside Sales Representative
Riverside Door & Trim Inc. is a manufacturer/distributor of doors, mouldings, door hardware, stairs & railings, hardwood flooring & closet organizers servicing the new and retrofit construction industry, offering a Supply & Install service on all of its products. The company was voted WINNER of the Waterloo Region Home Builders Association “MOST OUTSTANDING SUB-TRADE” for three consecutive years (2008, 2009 & 2010) and also was also awarded “MOST OUTSTANDING SUPPLIER” in 2007. Established in 2005, Riverside has grown to service over 100 homebuilders & design-build contractors in southwestern Ontario ranging in size from 1 to 300 builds per year. Riverside has regular trucks delivering daily in Waterloo region, Guelph (Wellington region), London, Woodstock, Hamilton & Niagara regions. With this large network we are able to offer expedited shipping on most products to most areas.
Riverside's manufacturing uses state of the art CNC routing equipment to complement numerous other lines by other major manufacturers. This allows Riverside to offer builders a package of unparalleled value. If we don't have something in stock that you need, we can almost always make it. This also includes the ability to match any (including century old) trim profiles by using CAD technology to re-draw the profile which is sent to a CNC and cut into a template to grind profile knives producing a 100% reproduction of the original. This makes restoration or replication a breeze.
Riverside's latest expansion occurred in 2010 when it moved to a new facility in Waterloo. It now has a 2500 sq. ft showroom showcasing a variety of commodity and custom manufactured products & a 40,000 sq. ft warehouse & manufacturing centre that machines doors, manufactures mouldings, wood interior & entrance doors, fireplace mantels, closet organizer components and other specialty items. We carry arguably one of the largest & most diverse trim & door inventories in Southwestern Ontario.
The function of the Inside Sales Representative is to provide direct support to the Sales Representatives & Project Managers in the ongoing development of existing and prospective Riverside customers to ensure that company is able to meet its growth targets.
- Represent Riverside in a positive and professional manner
- Work with all personnel and outside contacts to satisfy clients and achieve company goals
- Identify areas of improvement in the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions
- Arrive to work and meetings on time and prepared
- Maintain work areas (including showroom) in a clean and organized manner
- Assist showroom customers (retail, contractors and builders) with selections and pricing
- Create customer orders and take proper payments when not on account
- Create estimates for walk in customers and refer larger estimates to Estimating department
- Answer phone sales inquiries and direct larger leads to outside sales
- Assist outside sales representatives with whatever they require
- Maintain a “hit list” of building permit reports to follow up on
- Keep up to date on industry trends and new and exciting products
- Prospect potential builder customers for outside sales representatives
- Cold call customers to develop new business
- Perform regular price comparisons to competitors
- Complete and maintain accurate sales forecasts, data gathering and reports for Business Managers
- Conduct Post Sale Follow Up (call customer to ensure they are satisfied with product/service)
- Conduct ongoing customer needs analysis & research of customer requirements through first party
- take responsibility for sales improvement initiatives and other assigned action items
- Conduct regular customer review calls as per customer review procedure and follow up as necessary
- Assist in the implementation of Salesforce CRM
- Collect and report post sales customer information and issues
- Provide recommendations regarding the improvement of customer sales and retention tools and procedures
- Perform any other duties assigned by your manager
WRITTEN OR TYPED MATERIAL COMPOSED:
- Sales Orders
- Purchase order requisitions
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- One Year Sales Experience or some level of customer service experience
- BS/BA in Marketing or Business Administration
- Building Industry experience is an asset.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft, Word Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Business Vision & Salesforce are an asset.
- Positive attitude, exemplary attendance, and reliable team member
- Working Hours 7:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday, 8:00am-12:00pm every other Saturday.
ITEMS ENCOUNTERED THAT ARE REFERRED TO SUPERVISOR:
- Anything outside of comfort zone or outside of scope of work
- Defective product issues
- Custom orders manufactured or ordered incorrectly
ITEMS ENCOUNTERED THAT ARE DEALT WITH ON OWN:
- Competitor Price Matching (when outside of comfort level contact a manager)
COMPENSATION AND MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
The following will be used to evaluate and compensate the performance of the Inside Sales Representative:
- Annual base salary
- Potential for profit sharing bonus based on department and company performance
- Employee healthcare, dental & vision benefits
Quick Contact Form
Contact us to find out more about Riverside Door and Trim. Subscribe your email address below to get updates on our products and promotions or if you are a retailer and would like to become a dealer.